Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dave Sarver, my pastor preached a great sermon Sunday.
The goal: to see God with the wonder and awe of a little child.
Just accepting God for who He is and believing what He says.
I came home with some new goals for the week.

I will watch the bluebird flutter
until he flies away
I will anxiously await the break
of a brand new day.

I will laugh and giggle
and be silly for a while,
I will greet all those around me
with a sweet and innocent smile.

I will watch the clouds that He designs,
and find an elephant or two,
I will sit and enjoy the breeze He sends,
and ask so sweetly, God is that you?

I won't be so anxious, there's no need
My Father is in control.
I'll be still, I won't worry
Just let His sweet peace fill my soul.

I will watch for Him in wonder,
seeing Him along the way,
as a little girl waits for daddy to come home,
at the end of every day.

Slowing down to enjoy life,
as a little girl of three,
For my Father desires to give blessings,
with things He created for me.

As I walk with Him thru each day,
I'll reach up and grab His hand,
in amazement and wonder,
of my Father and His awesome plan.

1 comment:

Todd Wright said...

You're awesome! I luv ya!